Sunday, October 31, 2010

Additional Assignment # 3!!

Changing Education Paradigms


1. What do you think is the most important thing Sir Ken Robinson says in this presentation?I feel that the most important thing in this video is how students should be educated with culture ways of the world. We need to realize that that the education system needs some changes, and the children may be more successful in groups and such. Also need to realize that some of the education styles today are holding back some students natural learning capabilites.
2. Is there anything you disagree with in this presentation?I did not really disagree with anything in this video. I felt that everything that was said, was fairly true. I feel that educators should teach their students the way and understanding of their culture. The only thing that puzzled me was when Sir Ken Robinson brought up the fact of schools being divided into different age groups. I feel that a school has to be divided into different age groups because children all learn something at each age. Each grade is important, no matter how smart a child is.
3. How congruent are Sir Ken Robinson's positions with which those you are being taught in the College of Education. In other words,where is the agreement? Where is the disagreement? In my particular major I have not heard to many things about standarized testing. In my college experience, all I hear about is how changing some of the traditional ways of educating students with new technological ways.
4. What can you do to address the issues Sir Ken Robinson raises?When I become a teacher, I plan on looking at several different schools in several different areas to see how they are adapting technology into a traditional school setting. I will also think of different ways to bring the natural learning abilities of students and being creative. Sometimes students need to explore what they are best at to be able to achieve the most out of school. I also liked how Sir Ken Robinson brought up the issue of ADD and ADHD. I feel that too many children are being diagnosed with ADD and ADHD way to quickly. Some children have no business being placed on medicine so quickly.
5. What do you think of the presentation? If you had to do a presentation with others like this, what role on your team would you like most to play?I feel that Sir Ken Robinson did a great job with this presentation, and I feel that he really knows what he is talking about on alot of issues. I like how he has the guts to speak out on these issuses. If I could, I would want to be the author. I would want to come up with great ideas such as these.

No comments:

Post a Comment