Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Life of Sterling Strom

Picture of my cousin and I
Picture of my family
Picture of Auburn Stadium
Hey!!! I am Sterling Strom and twenty years old. I am currently attending the University of South Alabama. I chose the University of South Alabama, because it is so much closer to home than some universities. I transfered from Alabama Southern Community College in my hometown of Monroeville, Alabama. I am currently majoring in Elementary Education, and very excited about my future. I have always wanted to be a teacher, because it is in my blood. haha My mother and both of my aunt are teachers, it is what I have been around all of my life. My goal is to at least get the feeling that I have helped a child develop some better learning abilities. All of my family are HUGE Auburn fans, but I broke the mold and decided to come to Mobile. Both of my parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins all went to Auburn, so it was a huge step for me to be the strange one out of the group. I am realizing that I have made the BEST choice. I have taken dance for about fifteen years from Applause Dance Studio in Monroeville, Alabama. I loved every minute of it. Every chance I get, I want to be dancing! My favorite colors are hot pink and yellow. I love to laugh and believe that laughter is common cure to many things. I love to shop and spent time with my family and friends! I cannot wait to hear from my other classmates! :)

3 comments:

  1. I think that you accomplished something great when you chose to break the Auburn cycle in your family. Sometimes it is hard to be different, but anyone who ever accomplished anything had to be and think differently from others. I am a Christian, so I know all about how it feels to be different. Just as you were liberated by coming to South Alabama, I have been liberated to live life to the fullest through Jesus. I want to be a high school English teacher, though none of my family or friends have chosen that career path. I love teenagers; my patience lacks a little with younger children. I always wanted to dance; I see determination in you for having been so dedicated to dance for so long. I played sports in high school, namely softball and soccer. Yellow is my favorite color too because it is bright, cheerful, and uplifting. I look forward to seeing you in class sometime! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EDM310 has lots of Auburn fans and several alumni. So far they outnumber the Tide fans by a big margin! Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sterling! I think that it is commendable that you have been active throughout your life. I am a former three sport athlete who played football, baseball, and I also ran track. This class does seem to have more Auburn fans that I am accustomed to. But, don't read too much into that statement. I roll with the tide! Keep on smiling and making people laugh!

    ReplyDelete